Monday, January 26, 2009

Remembering A Friend

Last night, I got a phone call I knew was coming. My friend Bridget passed a way on Sunday, I don't think she was more than 31. She has lived with Cystic Fibrosis for her whole life. She was a fighter, and really taught me about living life. She had to make hard decissions thru out her life, her career path had to be dictated by what her health would allow not what she wanted to do. But she also found joy in life. In college one sure way to make her day was to give her a box of animal crackers. That simple box would last her all week, and she would smile because of it.
Unfortunately, over the last years we haven't have much contact. We drifted, as people tend to do. I moved out of state and started my career and family. She found the love of her life, and was settling into her life. Neither of us was good at keep in contact. But she was never far from my thought.
I will miss her. And remember that life can be as joyful or as sorrowful as we make it.

No comments: